Friday, October 9, 2009

From the Heart

I really miss my family and all the family gatherings we use to have. It's ashame that we have all moved apart and I hope to create a family that can stay as close as we use to be. Every Christmas, we would get the family together and have a brunch buffet and Grandma's house and open presents. The presents were nice but the best part was having everyone there. It seems that as you grow up, things aren't as wonderful as they always seemed. You become less satisfied and don't like celebrating things because they aren't anything like what they were before. Every time you get your hopes up and get let down when you knew in the first place that it was going to happen. My whole family lived in San Diego, then I moved away, farther and farther every couple of years... Due to my mother and her fiance, so not by choice. Then my grandmother moved from San Diego to Texarkana, Arkansas. She was the heart of the family, but now she's so far away. I still live in Eureka, where my mother, stepfather, and I ended up. And now after they finally got married after 19 years of being engaged, have taken the steps to get divoriced (only married a year). So, my mother is in hiding, avoiding my phone calls, I don't mind seeing my stepfather (after all he did raise me), but he is really down right now and I would like to be more positive. Its hard not being around family, especially because the holidays are coming up and I really want family around. It's nice having get togethers. I miss having that warm loving feeling you get during the holidays when you are surrounded by people that love you. I really want that for my daughter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment