Monday, April 12, 2010

New Recipe!

So the other day I was watching Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. She was making a Breakfast Bread Pudding (similar to french toast). I tried the recipe and it was really good but I did tweak it a little bit. I just wanted to share the recipe. Ingredients: 5 eggs, 2 extra yolk, 2 1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2 (I used regular milk but for a better taste, use the 1/2 and 1/2), 1/3 cup honey, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2 teaspoon orange zest, 1 teaspoon salt and a loaf of bread (I used french which was good but sour dough would be better). I added cinnamon and sugar to the custard and on top before I baked it.
Mix everything together except for the bread of course! Then place the slices of bread in a sprayed non-stick pan, layering them on top of eachother. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the slices with generousity! If you are adding the cinnamon. Pour the custard over the slices and you can sprinkle some more cinnamon if you'd like. Press the bread down into the custard to absorb the liquid.
Bake for 45-60 min in oven 350 degrees. Then Eat after it has cooled a little!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment