Monday, April 12, 2010

Tacalatas

Its funny and a mouth full! I came up with this recipe years ago and I still love it. It's my favorite. You can take any regular enchalada recipe and make these few tweaks to create a Tacalata dish. All you will add or be sure you use in the recipe is sour cream, olives, corn, lime juice sqeezed onto the taco, and rice pilaf from rice-a-roni. Everything else you add should be in any enchalada recipe. When you form the actual enchalada, you don't roll it... You place it in the pan like a taco. This makes the top crunchy when you bake it. The last thing you should put on before baking is the cheese... The last thing I like to put on after baking is the sour cream. I don't know why but I like my sour cream cold. Try it, I hope you like it! The rice-a-roni adds a great taste to it especially with the lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment