Thursday, April 22, 2010

Marriage Survival...

I was reading an article in Readers Digest last night and couldn't help criticize what they said in the article. It was talking about ways to predict if your marriage will end in divorce or survive. Now, marriage is suppose to be about love and your ever after. But when they say that you will either divorce or survive your marriage... That just sounds horrible. To survive something entails that you have to go through something difficult, bad, or impossible. It makes marriage sound impossible and that there is no hope for any marriage. I'm getting married next year and I have been with my fiance for 6 years now. A relationship can be difficult at times and raising children together may be impossible. But I still don't think that anyone should view marriage this way. It's sad to think of making it through your marriage with a survival instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment